Monday, January 6, 2020

Summer learning journey activity 2

Here is your chance to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English.
On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your recount. 

Shakespeare
The present day i did wake up and did clean mine own sleep chamber.  I wenteth to the kitchen and to holp mine own grand'ma with baking, banana scones.  Then mine own moth'r and broth'r cameth and consumed with me and grand'ma.  t wast so delicious 

Mine 
Today I woke up and cleaned my bed. I went to the kitchen and to help my grand'ma with baking, banana scones. Then my mother and brother came and ate with me and grand'ma. it was so delicious. 

2 comments:

  1. Great translation into Shakespearean english Josaia - you should go see one of the Pop Up Globe shows at Ellerslie. They have Romeo and Juliet and As you Like it on the stage currently. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Josaia

    You did an amazing job on translating your story into ‘Shakespearean’. I really like the phrase ‘The present day i did wake up and did clean mine own sleep chamber’ which means you ‘Today I woke up and cleaned my bed.’ It is important to make sure it makes sense when you are writing in Shakespearean and you did an excellent job of this.

    Have you ever read any of Shakespeare's material? Or some of the movies made from his material? I would love to know!

    Keep up the awesome work.

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete