Monday, December 9, 2019

summer journey activity 3

Today we did goat a professional chess player we had to 3 way how to win in chess or get the advantage.  3 con disadvantages to your techniques. 

3 ways of how to win is to make it draw in its strongest chess piece and take both of
them 
out. Make your weakest units go for the flank and then you distract them and you would 
win.
make two knight go together so one could take one out and the other and till you take
 them 
out. A con disadvantage is if you draw out the strongest chess piece they might just flank 
you from the back.
A con disadvantage from my technique is that you have no more weak units to spare
and flank.  
A con disadvantage for my technique is by wasting all of your knights you don't have a
 defence 
and you could be taken out easily. 

While there are thousands of talented athletes in the world, there are a small number 
of individuals who rise to the top of their game and earn the title of G.O.A.T - 
The Greatest of All Time. One of these is Grandmaster chess player, Garry Kasparov.
 Garry was the top-ranked chess player in the world for fifteen straight years (1985 - 
2000). He started playing chess when he was just seven years old.
To become an expert, he practiced for hours every day. According to some scientists,
 you have to practice a skill for 10 000 hours (about 9 years) in order to become an 
expert. Wow, that is a lot of practice!
For Garry, this meant training to play chess every day at a special school with special
 coaches. He was not able to attend regular school and did not have much ‘free’ time to 
spend with family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Josaia,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before? This year I am so excited that I get to read & reply to the Manaiakalani blogs, last year I was in the Kaikohekohe cluster. So this is my second year with the Summer Learning Journey! I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I have really enjoyed reading this post! You have given us a clear and lengthy explanation of how you will win, the pros and cons of your chess technique! I really enjoyed reading it. Did you enjoy writing it? I have not played chess in a very long time, I might give it a go this week. Have you ever played chess?

    Keep up the great work! I can’t wait to read more of your posts

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete