Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Summer learning journey day 1

For this activity I have  to imagine I am with the  Ninao people. Ninao people  sail boats and use the stars as their coordinates to sail to different islands. I have to list ten foods I would take with me on this trip, and I have to remember that there are no fridges or ovens. 

1 Mangoes.  They have juice inside them and I can cut them into pieces so I could have five or more pieces every day.  

2 Bread, because they may have a expiring date but I can eat it by itself or get one that expires next moth. 

3 Crackers, you could have them by them self.  They never expire.

 4 Water, so I don't die of thirst. If I get salt in my mouth I could use it to help get the salt out.

5 Potato salad, it could last for a long time and it has enough protein to help me get through the day. 

6  Nuts, because they make a good snack and they have so many, so I could eat them when ever I want.

 7 Granola bars, they don't go  bad in the heat and they are nutritious.

8 Muffins, because you can eat them when ever you want to and they have enough sugar to get you through the day.  

9 Popcorn, cause you could seal it in a bag and it dose not rot, plus it makes a good  delicious snack.

10 Apples, you could keep it out of the sun plus it has juice,  taste and protein.    

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Josaia,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    Your list looks great! I can tell you put a lot of thought into what you would bring. I love reading your explanations for why you chose each item. Another awesome factor of your list is that NONE of your foods would go off without a fridge or freezer. Great critical thinking! :)

    I think out of all the food on the list you mentioned I would definitely take fruit. There are so many different types of fruit you could take as well so you wouldn't get sick of it.

    If you had to take only one type of food from your top 10 with you on a voyage, what would you choose?

    Noho ora mai
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mango because you can ear it and it has juice in so yo won't be need water.
    Have a good holidays.

    ReplyDelete